did anybody go to the all star game last night? i chose attending a movie instead.
did anybody go to the all star game last night? i chose attending a movie instead.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
lol i attended...drew justice had like 1/3 in game dunks go in. He did pretty good i think that gaurd from lee got MVP, and the guy from chilhowie won dunk contest, adam hood won the 3 contest and mark d didn't show up, he had a baseball game and came in as i left. umm the blue team (justice, mcrenyolds, ect) beat the white team (hood did terrible, and the big guy from twin vally ect..) like 95-62 it was fun to wacth.
[url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]
BY TIM HAYES
Bristol Herald Courier
CASTLEWOOD ? Thomas Larimer said his main objective on Saturday afternoon was to have some fun. The Chilhowie High School senior delivered.
Larimer won the slam dunk contest and also scored a game-high 20 points in leading the Blue team to a 95-62 victory over the White squad at the inaugural Southwest Virginia boys' basketball All-Star game at Castlewood High School.
Larimer led six players in double figures as the Blue team, coached by Castlewood's Aaron Williams, cruised to the victory.
"I just wanted to have fun and go out and play with some of the top athletes from the area," Larimer said. "It was great to play with all these guys, instead of playing against them."
Larimer scored 14 points in the first half as the Blue team opened up a 21-point lead. He also won the slam dunk contest at halftime, relying on several creative jams.
"I always just goof around in practice, throwing it off the wall and stuff," Larimer said. "Everybody always said you can't use that in the game, but I got to use it today in the dunk contest."
Larimer also experienced a first when he went up against teammate Keith Fenner. Fenner, a senior point guard for the Warriors, scored four points and started at point guard for the White squad.
"I've loved playing with Keith," Larimer said. "I thought they would put us on the same team."
While not paired with his usual point guard, Larimer did benefit from teaming with Lee High's Bobby Stafford. Many of Larimer's points came via dishes from Stafford, who finished with 17 points and nine assists in earning MVP honors.
"He was pretty quick," Larimer said. "He could get the ball to us and shoot the ball as well. He was pretty good and did a real good job."
While many players were looking for their shots in Saturday's game, Stafford was a steadying influence.
"I just wanted to let the game come to me and not force anything and get everybody else involved," Stafford said. "Since I was coming in as the point guard, I wanted to get everybody else involved in the game and see what they could do."
Chad Skaggs, Stafford's Lee teammate, added 16 points. Castlewood's Drew Justice (12 points), Pound's Dustin Fleming (11 points) and St. Paul's Nathan Evans (11 points) also scored in double-digits for the winning team.
"Skaggs and I have played together for six years," Stafford said. "It helped having him out there. We know where each other is going to be."
St. Paul's Brandon Phillips led the White team with 14 points, while Matthew Baldwin finished with 10 points. Rye Cove's Adam Hood won the 3-point shootout.
For the 6-foot-5 Larimer, Saturday's game was another big moment in a memorable season. He averaged 17.4 points and 9.2 rebounds per game en route to being named Hogoheegee District player of the year and leading Chilhowie to the semifinals of the Region C tournament.
He plans to take his game to Old Dominion Athletic Conference member Eastern Mennonite next season.
mark didnt show because he is preparing himself now to be a two sport athlete at king on the hardwood as well as the diamond!!! look out region D you will be in for a treat when you see TS on the diamond!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
This kid has it all doesn't he. Wish I had that type of talent and ability. I once ran the mile in 20 minutes but that's the only success I've ever seen.
People I Can't Stand:
1. GC
2. GCHS
3. GC Blue Devils
4. Gate City Blue Devils
5. Hoosier Haters
yes he is somethin special there hardynose double D's and i cant wait to see him on the next level [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
calm down with the smiley waves bud [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
what??...are you really saying that hes gona play college baseball?
[url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]
He should have told them he would not be there, so someone else could have played in his spot.
Bookmarks